Residential Conveyancing Department
Buying or Selling a Residential Property
You will require the services of a residential conveyancing lawyer in any circumstances which involve the transfer the ownership of a private property, including:-
- You wish to buy a property
- Sell a property
- Transfer ownership on death
- Transfer ownership due to divorce or separation
- Transfer ownership as a gift
You will also need the services of a residential conveyancing lawyer to complete the remortgage transaction and to discharge your mortgage when it has been repaid.
Garden Stirling Burnet provide a personal service designed to deal with your individual circumstances.
We can take you through the transaction step by step and we can help you overcome the complexities.
We have 30 years' experience of the local market, strong links with local surveyors and mortgage advisors.
Click here to Contact Us about Residential Conveyancing
Buying a Property
Garden Stirling Burnet will help you through every stage of the process, including:-
- Consider price comparisons
- Note your interest with the sellerís agent
- Keep you advised
- Negotiate offers
- Arrange your survey
- Liaise with your mortgage lender
- Complete the transfer documents
- Prepare your loan documents
- Release the Keys to you
Click here to Contact Us about Buying a Property
GSB Properties - our estate agency arm - deals with all aspects of marketing property. Click to see our full property listings (opens in new window)
Selling a Property
We can assist you with all the legal aspects of selling your home, including:
- Arrange for our Estate Agency team to commission the marketing strategy most suitable for your property
- Discuss any offers with you and negotiate price, date of entry and any specific conditions.
- Issue an acceptance on your behalf to protect your interests and arrange to have the sale contract binding on both parties.
- Complete all the searches, prepare the transfer documents and answer any queries raised by the buyers solicitors.
- Arrange for the repayment of your mortgage; find out how much is required to repay your existing mortgage, and ensure it is repaid when the transaction is completed
- Settle the transaction, including advising the council tax office of the change of ownership and send the proceeds of sale to you.
Click here to Contact Us about Selling a Property
The Residential Conveyancing Department is headed up by Alan Borrowman (Dunbar office), Alan White (Haddington office) and Ian Philp (Tranent office).
To contact Alan Borrowman:
39 High Street,
Tel: 01368 862376
Fax: 01368 864748
DX: 541197 Dunbar
Email Alan Borrowman
To contact Alan White:
Tel: 01620 824996
Fax: 01620 828901
DX: 540733 Haddington
Email Alan White
To contact Ian Philp:
121 High Street,
Tel: 01875 611616
Fax: 01875 612089
DX: 541033 Tranent
Email Ian Philp